According to research and statistics, there is a huge number of people suffering from an allergy or an intolerance around the world. This is just one of the reasons why many people are turning to allergy testing companies like Test Your Intolerance, and why we are becoming so busy.
Types of intolerance and allergy symptoms
There are other types of symptoms which people encounter when they experience a food allergy, and they tend to present themselves both in a quick manner, which can cause distress for those suffering from an allergy. They manifest themselves quicker than intolerance, and are more severe! If you learn that you have an allergy or suspect you have one after allergy testing then you should consult your doctor immediately.
7 things to look out for
The types of symptoms encountered when a food allergy is present tend to be quick to manifest and are severe in nature. But do you know what you are meant to be looking for? Typically, reactions of a food allergy involve:
● Itching or tingling in or around the mouth. (Try allergy testing!)
● Eczema, itching or hives. (Identify causes with allergy testing)
● Swelling of various parts of the body, including the lips, tongue and throat. (Allergy testing can help find locate cause)
● Being light-headed, dizzy or passing out. (Guess what: could be an allergy)
● Difficulty in breathing, wheezing or a blocked nose. (Find out which foods with allergy testing)
● Diarrhoea, vomiting, nausea or abdominal pain. (Could be intolerance, try intolerance and allergy testing to make sure!)
● Anaphylactic shock. (Consult your doctor immediately)
As you can see, most of the symptoms listed are on the severe side and will often require the administering of an EpiPen to alleviate the symptoms. If these adverse effects are part of your daily life, a test for allergies can be a route to a better, less stressful and healthier life.
If you recognize any of the symptoms above then allergy testing could be exactly what you need. Find out more on our website and talk to our customer service advisors via our LiveChat service.